- uses, (e.g. dynamic and interactive content, form validation, browser detection, execute events, create cookies)
- syntax - variables - operators - objects and properties, (e.g. strings, arrays, date)
- methods, (e.g. open, write) - conditional statements, (e.g. if, if…else, if…else if…else, switch)
- message boxes, (e.g. alert, prompt, confirm)
- event handlers, (e.g. mouse events, keyboard events, onFocus, onBlur, onLoad, onUnload)
- functions - loops, (e.g. for, while, do…while, for…in)
- forms, (e.g. creating, validating).
• allows dynamic and interactive content (e.g. form validation, menus)
• faster execution than server-side scripts
• improved accessibility, (e.g. more user control).
• compatibility with browsers, (e.g. requires a substitute for browsers that do not support scripts)